Snacking can be the toughest part of a diet. It’s a task in itself to plan out your meals for the week, but when snacking is thrown in the mix, it can get quite confusing. Here at Stone Hollow Farmstead and Botanikō, we are constantly striving to intentionally feed ourselves pure and natural ingredients that our bodies and skin will absorb with ease. Among our other delicious house-made items, a nutrient-packed beauty bar adds a noteworthy snacking option, perfect for on the go and post-workout.
We are proud to say our Botanikō Calendula Bars are loaded with natural ingredients grown on our farm and, combine together perfectly to fuel your body with the nutrients it needs. Our bars have a mere nine ingredients, which make them stacked with healthful ingredients that provided your body with natural fats (the good kind), fiber, anti-inflammatories, protein and so much more! Here are a few of the benefits you can expect upon snacking on our delicious beauty bars.
- Turkish Apricot – Rumored to be one of the healthiest fruits in the world, the apricot is loaded with nutrients. It is packed with vitamin A (retinol), which sharpens vision and supports the immune system, and is a wonderful source of fiber.
- Raw Cashew Nut – Raw cashews are rich in iron, zinc (which is known for it’s anti-inflammatory component) and protein.
- Organic Rolled Oats – A whole grain and complex carbohydrate that gives your body the energy and stamina it needs, while being packed with fiber, protein, iron, magnesium, potassium and zinc. Oats are also notorious for lowering cholesterol levels and stabilizing blood sugar, which helps prevent overeating!
- Hemp Seeds – Hemp Seeds are a complete protein and provide many more benefits to any nutrition label. To start, they are packed with proteins, essential fats (think Omega 3 & 6), vitamins and enzymes. Hemp Seeds are dubbed a superfood, due to their potency. The protein in hemp seeds is more easily digestible than meat, eggs, and milk, while also being extremely rich in Vitamin E, and easily tolerated among those with food allergies.
- Calendula Flowers – In addition to providing beautiful floral accents, the calendula flower (otherwise known as a marigold) has amazing health benefits as well! It is known for its ability to speed healing, boost skin and vision, and lower inflammation and cramps, making it quite the ingredient in these beauty bars!
- Coconut Oil – Coconut oil contains short and medium-chain fatty acids that aid in weight loss. In addition, it increases the body’s metabolic rate by removing stress on the pancreas and burning more calories. Coconut oil strengthens the immune system, as it contains antimicrobial lipids and has antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties. This can also aid in digestion and fight symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome, which more women experience than you’d think! According to one article, “IBS affects between 25 and 45 million people in the United States. About 2 in 3 IBS sufferers are female. About 1 in 3 IBS sufferers are male. IBS affects people of all ages, even children”. Coconut oil is known to be one of the richest sources of saturated fat, specifically Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs for short), making it a great source of quick energy, and a great post workout, muscle recovery snack! Consuming natural plant and nut oils, like the organic coconut oil used in our Calendula beauty bar, can benefit both your skin and body and can provide anecdotal properties for the entire family! Deborah, the closest thing to an animal whisperer we’ve ever seen, fed Daisy, her Chinese Pug, coconut oil to ward off hot spots on her skin.
- Agave – Compared to sugar, agave nectar is much lower on the glycemic index, meaning when it interacts with your blood sugar, there is less of a spike in mood, which is better for your health and metabolism. Agave contains fewer calories than granulated sugar, yet is sweet, delicious and organic!
Now that you have a grasp on how nutritious our new Calendula bars are, head to The Pantry or P2Platinum Pilates in Birmingham to stock your refrigerator with these satisfying and extremely nutrient rich beauty bars!