It’s Christmas in the South and if there’s one thing guaranteed over the holidays, it’s a very generous helping of grandma’s casserole (or Grandma’s anything for that matter!). As southern folks, we pride ourselves on our cooking expertise and the recipes that get passed down from generation to generation. But with holiday dresses to zip and pants to button, as well as fitness classes to squeeze into our schedules, we should be able to have our cake and eat it too! Here are a few things to keep in mind this holiday season, so no fun is lost and no pounds are gained.
- Follow the Rule of Threes. The holidays are about divine desserts and cocktails galore. It’s a time of celebration for Pete’s sake! When Sally from down the street brings her infamous eggnog to the neighborhood party, or Larry from the bakery bring his quadruple layered coconut cake, allow yourself three bites to satisfy your sweet tooth and truly savor what you’re tasting. Then, be done! Appreciate the flavors you tasted and refrain from overindulging.
- Increase Vitamin C intake. During the holidays and the cold weather, winter colds are always on the prowl for their next victim. (Holiday parties are a field day for germs). Steep a pot of our Botaniko Immune Support Tea to supercharge your immune system for increased protection and to ensure a healthy holiday season!
- Drink Botaniko Black Magic Beauty Water before holiday parties. Charcoal is said to decrease absorption of alcohol and increase glow the next morning, among several other amazing benefits. Click here to read more about why we absolutely love charcoal!
- Go out dancing to sweat and burn calories. Trick your body into having a blast with your pals, while also burning off unwanted calories from holiday snacking.
- Start your new year off right by registering for a one-day or three-day juice cleanse at The Pantry to flush your body of lingering toxins and replenish lost vitamins and antioxidants. Juicing, if done correctly, can be an extremely tasty way of building immunity, providing anti-aging properties and fueling your body to continue it’s cycle of flushing and absorbing.
- Praise your body for the year of balance it’s given you. Treat yourself – body, mind, and soul - to a spa day, using a few of our most exclusive Botanikō Body Care products like the Coconut Milk Bath and the Body Polish or Body Satin for a clean treat of relaxation and moisture.
Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays from Stone Hollow Farmstead!