NOTES FROM THE FARM
Each week, owner of Stone Hollow Farmstead, Deborah Stone will offer a behind-the-scenes look at life on the farm, in hopes of sharing the entire journey of our farm to your table.
With it being the first week of fall, we are so excited to be able to provide both the tail end of our summer crops, as well as the beginning of a few winter crops. Until the first frost, we will continue harvesting the remainder of our summer crops.
This week, we have a mixture of summer apples and tomatoes, mixed in with greens and cushaw squash, a delicious winter squash! Our Farm Dinner, coming up on October 23rd, will truly demonstrate this unique transition, as we will be serving foods harvested during both summer and fall.
For more information on The Dinner, and to purchase tickets click here.
THIS WEEK'S CSA SHARE
A complete list of what's in the bag for this week.
- Ginger – Stone Hollow Farmstead / Harpersville, AL
- Straight Up Chèvre – Stone Hollow Farmstead / Harpersville, AL
- Elegance Mixed Greens (Smaller Portion) – Stone Hollow Farmstead / Harpersville, AL
- Elegance Mixed Greens (Larger Portion) – Mt. Laurel Farm / Birmingham, AL
- Thai Eggplant– Mt. Laurel Farm / Birmingham, AL
- Easter Egg Radishes – Mt. Laurel Farm / Birmingham, AL
- Country Sourdough Bread– Hinkle's Bakery / Birmingham, AL
- Pinto Beans – Verbena, AL
- Cushaw Squash– Blount County, AL
- Cherokee Purple Tomatoes– Habersham Farms / Birmingham, AL
- Golden Delicious Apples – Mountain View Orchards / Chilton County, AL
Cheese &/or Yogurt
- Plain Yogurt– Stone Hollow Farmstead, Harpersville, AL
- Fig MarinatedChèvre– Stone Hollow Farmstead, Harpersville, AL
All recipes are selected to offer cooking suggestions on how to prepare the contents of your weekly share.
Don't forget to show off your food styling skills! Use hashtag #stonehollowcsa and tag us on Instagram @stonehollowfarmstead