NOTES FROM THE FARM
Each week, owner of Stone Hollow Farmstead, Deborah Stone will offer a behind-the-scenes look at life on the farm, in hopes of sharing the entire journey of our farm to your table.
This week on the farm, we pulled out the summer annuals in the gardens, and added newer, fresher soil in preparation for the upcoming season. Our high tunnel is under construction, so we are hopeful to have flowers in January.
Our last farm dinner of the year is next Sunday evening, and we are busily grooming pastures, watering beds and tending to the farm animals to ensure the most beautiful scenery during The Dinner.
for more information on The Dinner, and to purchase tickets click here.
THIS WEEK'S CSA SHARE
A complete list of what's in the bag for this week.
- Wild Flower Honey – Stone Hollow Farmstead / Harpersville, AL
- Elegance Mix of Mustard Greens – Stone Hollow Farmstead / Harpersville, AL
- Ginger – Stone Hollow Farmstead / Harpersville, AL
- Golden Delicious Apples – Athens / AL
- Seckel Pears – Brothers Farms / Blount County, AL
- Okra – Chilton County, AL
- Country Sourdough with Kalamata Olives – Hinkle's Bakery / Birmingham, AL
- Oyster and Shitake Mushrooms – Grandview Farms / Hamilton, AL
- German Johnson Tomatoes – Habersham Farms / Mentone, AL
- D’Avignon Radish – Mount Laurel Farms / Mount Laurel, AL
- Shishito Peppers – Mount Laurel Farms / Mount Laurel, AL
- Delicata Squash – Snow’s Bend Farm / Tuscaloosa, AL
Cheese + Yogurt Share*
- Thomasville Tomme Cheese - Sweet Grass Dairy, Thomasville, GA
* for information on add-on shares, visit the CSA page.
All recipes are selected to offer cooking suggestions on how to prepare the contents of your weekly share.
- Scipy Roasted Squash with Feta and Herbs
- Ginger + Lemongrass Infused Thai Soup with Crispy Tofu and Wild Rice
- Honey Bourbon Apple Cider Cocktail
- Braised Pork with Ginger-Pickled Shishito Peppers
Don't forget to show off your food styling skills! Use hashtag #stonehollowcsa and tag us on Instagram @stonehollowfarmstead