NOTES FROM THE FARM
Each week, owner of Stone Hollow Farmstead, Deborah Stone will offer a behind-the-scenes look at life on the farm, in hopes of sharing the entire journey of our farm to your table.
There was a quick rain, giving a slight drink to our crops. Any little bit helps! The first frost hit this week, which means it is the official end of the growing season and we are digging up the remaining dahlias and dividing for next year. In hopes of having a longer growing season for next year, we are installing season-extended hoop houses. Happy Thanksgiving! We are offering all-natural turkeys you can serve for your Thanksgiving dinner. They are from our farmer friends at Joyce Farms and are fresh, never frozen! Call The Pantry to reserve yours!
THIS WEEK'S CSA SHARE
A complete list of what's in the bag for this week.
- Chive Blossom Goat Cheese – Stone Hollow Farmstead / Birmingham, Alabama
- Curly Parsley – Stone Hollow Farmstead / Birmingham, Alabama
- Sprouted Flour Pancake Mix – Stone Hollow Farmstead / Birmingham, Alabama
- Strawberry Syrup – Stone Hollow Farmstead / Birmingham, Alabama
- Buttermilk – Stone Hollow Farmstead / Birmingham, Alabama
- Arugula – Stone Hollow Farmstead / Birmingham, Alabama
- Hakurei Turnips – Heron Hollow Farm / Chilton County
- Sweet Potatoes / Mississippi
- Dinner Rolls – Hinkle's Bakery / Birmingham, Alabama
- Green Tomatoes – Heron Hollow, Chilton County
- Vidalia Onions – Cowart Farms / Lyons, Georgia
Cheese + Yogurt Share:
- Cows Yogurt – Stone Hollow Farmstead, Birmingham, Alabama
- Monte Enebro Spanish Goat Cheese – Spain
* for information on add-on shares, visit the CSA page.
All recipes are selected to offer cooking suggestions on how to prepare the contents of your weekly share
- Parsley Pistou
- Proscuitto, Goat Cheese and Fig Jam Crostini with Balsamic Reduction and Arugula
- Goat Cheese, Basil and Vidalia Onion Cheese Ball
- Sweet Potato Cornbread
- Herb Roasted Sweet Potato and Turnip Skillet
- Braised Hakurei Turnips
Don't forget to show off your food styling skills! Use hashtag #stonehollowcsa and tag us on Instagram @stonehollowfarmstead