NOTES FROM THE FARM
Each week, owner of Stone Hollow Farmstead, Deborah Stone will offer a behind-the-scenes look at life on the farm, in hopes of sharing the entire journey of our farm to your table.
Welcome to Stone Hollow Farmstead’s weekly CSA blog! We are so happy you’ve decided to join us for the first time, or that you’ve decided to embark on this journey with us once more. Today marks the first day of our 2017 program and we’re excited to share with you. Here, we will give you a glimpse as to what is going on at the farm, what you can find in your share, as well as a few of our favorite recipes.
THIS WEEK'S CSA SHARE
A complete list of what's in the bag for this week.
- Elegance Greens – Stone Hollow Farmstead / Harpersville, Alabama
- Baby Kale – Stone Hollow Farmstead / Harpersville, Alabama
- Chive Blossom Marinated Goat Cheese – Stone Hollow Farmstead / Harpersville, Alabama
- Duck Eggs – Stone Hollow Farmstead / Harpersville, Alabama
- Cured Garlic – Stone Hollow Farmstead / Harpersville, Alabama
- Pennsylvania Amish Butter with SHF Herbes de Provence Marinated Goat Cheese – Stone Hollow Farmstead / Birmingham, Alabama
- Poppy Seed Salad Dressing – Stone Hollow Farmstead / Birmingham, Alabama
- Gluten Free Pancake Mix – Stone Hollow Farmstead / Birmingham, Alabama
- Pancake Syrup – Stone Hollow Farmstead / Birmingham, Alabama
- Watermelon Radishes – Heron Hollow / Chilton County, Alabama
- Sheep Feta Cheese – Day Spring Dairy, Alabama, Marinated In Safflower Oil & A Variety Of Peppers Grown From – Stone Hollow Farmstead, Birmingham, Alabama
- French Batard Bread – Hinkle's Bakery / Birmingham, Alabama
- Mississippi Sweet Potatoes
Cheese + Yogurt Share
- Smoked Blue Cheese
- Creamtop Grassfed Whole Milk – Atlanta Fresh / Atlanta, Georgia
All recipes are selected to offer cooking suggestions on how to prepare the contents of your weekly share.
- Sweet Potato And Kale Frittata – Use SHF Duck Eggs, Sauté In SHF Butter Instead Of Oil
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Biscuit – Use SHF Duck Eggs
- Sautéed Kale And Goat Cheese Crostini With A Balsamic Reduction – Use French Batard Bread And Pan Fry In SHF Herbes De Provence With Whipped Goat Cheese And Sautéed Kale Drizzled With Poppy Seed Dressing
- ShakShuka With Kale And Goat Cheese – Use SHF Kale And Dayspring Feta
- Sweet Potato Kale Pizza With Red Onion And Crumbled Feta – Use SHF Kale And Dayspring Feta
- Savory Gluten Free Crepes With Sauteed Kale And Feta – Use SHF Kale, Pancake Mix And Dayspring Feta
- Radish Toasts With Lemon Butter– Use SHF Herbes De Provence Butter
- Charred Feta with Homemade Pita Bread – Use Dayspring Feta
Don't forget to show off your food styling skills! Use hashtag #stonehollowcsa and tag us on Instagram @stonehollowfarmstead