NOTES FROM THE FARM
Each week, owner of Stone Hollow Farmstead, Deborah Stone will offer a behind-the-scenes look at life on the farm, in hopes of sharing the entire journey of our farm to your table.
Welcome back to Tuesday Table! We hope you were pleased with your first week and that you enjoyed experimenting with the recipes provided. Be sure to post photos of your creations to be shared among our Stone Hollow Farmstead family and tag us @stonehollowfarmstead !
Because of the warm temperatures and ample rain, we had a jump start on our spring harvest. We were well prepared as we installed both high-tunnel and low-tunnel hoop houses for our flowers and produce. We’re expecting an early crop! We have baby carrots in the mix of lettuces. In addition, we’re seeing some dahlias, just in time for a beautiful start to spring!
THIS WEEK'S CSA SHARE
A complete list of what's in the bag for this week.
- Herbed Aioli – Stone Hollow Farmstead / Harpersville, Alabama
- Greek Style Yogurt – Stone Hollow Farmstead / Harpersville, Alabama
- House-Made Granola – Stone Hollow Farmstead / Harpersville, Alabama
- Sweet and Hot Pepper Vinaigrette Garnished with Chive Blossom and Cracked Pepper – Stone Hollow Farmstead / Harpersville, Alabama
- Buttermilk – Stone Hollow Farmstead / Harpersville, Alabama
- Pimento Cheese – Stone Hollow Farmstead / Harpersville, Alabama
- McEwen Cornmeal – McEwen and Sons / Birmingham, Alabama
- Swiss Chard – Mount Laurel, Alabama
- Lettuce : Freckled Romaine, Little Gem Butterhead Lettuce, Elegance Mix – Stone Hollow Farmstead / Birmingham, Alabama
- Spring Vidalia Onions – L.G. Herndon Jr. Farms, Inc. / Lyons, Georgia
- Fresh Lavender – Jones Valley Farm / Birmingham, Alabama
- Braided Brioche Boule – Corey Hinkel / Birmingham, Alabama
Cheese + Yogurt Share
- Oak Smoked Cheddar Cheese from
- Jersey Cows Milk – Stone Hollow Farmstead / Birmingham, Alabama
All recipes are selected to offer cooking suggestions on how to prepare the contents of your weekly share.
- Lavender Buttermilk Scones
- Baked Eggs with Swiss Chard and Green Olives
- Mini Cornmeal Pancakes with Whipped Goat Cheese and Berry Thyme Compote
- Pimento Corn Muffins
- Yogurt Parfait with House-Made Granola and Fresh Lavender
Don't forget to show off your food styling skills! Use hashtag #shfcsa and tag us on Instagram @stonehollowfarmstead