NOTES FROM THE FARM
Each week, owner of Stone Hollow Farmstead, Deborah Stone will offer a behind-the-scenes look at life on the farm, in hopes of sharing the entire journey of our farm to your table.
We are planting dahlias like crazy out on the farm. We went a little crazy ordering tubers, in preparation for spring! We cut the first parrot tulips this morning (yay!). Sweet peas are about to start blooming.
We got two new Pyrenees puppies for the old girls to begin training. Pyrenees are instinctive guard dogs and circle the farm through the night. The coyotes have been horrible this year and have worn the old Pyrenees out, keeping them at bay.
The second round of baby goats are being born now and so far we have twelve! Summer grass is starting to green and the Dogwood trees are blooming. Spring is here!
THIS WEEK'S CSA SHARE
A complete list of what's in the bag for this week.
- Herbed Cow Cheese – Stone Hollow Farmstead / Harpersville, Alabama
- Candied Ginger – Stone Hollow Farmstead / Harpersville, Alabama
- Sprouted Wheat Flour – To Your Health / South Alabama
- Herbed Butter – Stone Hollow Farmstead / Harpersville, Alabama
- Blueberry Vinaigrette Salad Dressing – Stone Hollow Farmstead / Harpersville, Alabama
- Kale – Mount Laurel Farm and Stone Hollow Farmstead / Birmingham, Alabama
- Asparagus – Habersham Farms/ Birmingham, Alabama
- Fingerling Potatoes – Habersham Farms / Birmingham, Alabama
- Jerusalem Artichokes – Habersham Farms / Birmingham, Alabama
- Radishes – Stone Hollow Farmstead / Birmingham, Alabama
- Eggs – Stone Hollow Farmstead / Birmingham, Alabama
- Whole Grain Sourdough Boule – Birmingham Breadworks, Corey Hinkle / Birmingham, Alabama
- Grade A Jersey Cow’s Milk – Stone Hollow Farmstead / Birmingham, Alabama
Cheese + Yogurt Share:
- Carmody – Bellwether Farms / California
All recipes are selected to offer cooking suggestions on how to prepare the contents of your weekly share.
- Roast Chicken with Jerusalem Artichokes and Lemons
- Jerusalem Artichoke Gnocchi with Sautéed Kale
- Savory Radish and Goat Cheese Muffins
- Chive Mustard Butter Roasted Radishes
- Roasted Garlic and Asparagus Soup
- Healthy Kale and Egg Breakfast Cups
- Sunchoke Hash with Bacon
Don't forget to show off your food styling skills! Use hashtag #shfcsa and tag us on Instagram @stonehollowfarmstead