NOTES FROM THE FARM
Each week, owner of Stone Hollow Farmstead, Deborah Stone will offer a behind-the-scenes look at life on the farm, in hopes of sharing the entire journey of our farm to your table.
Everything is in full bloom here at the farm. Our first dahlias bloomed this week. We can't wait to share farm fresh flowers with our community for the upcoming seasons.
The new Great Pyrenees puppies are becoming adjusted and have been spending time in the goat pen this week.
Every spring we begin our farm school classes and this week we welcomed Crestline Elementary School. It's always a joy to have the kids tour the farm and learn with us.
We just shipped out our first order to a multi store account for the handmade skin care line we formulate, produce, and package here at the farm, Botaniko Skin. Many of the herbal and botanical ingredients are grown here at the farm. Check out those products on Botaniko Skin.
We also just shipped the first installment order to Gourmet Foods International and our jams, jellies, cheeses, and butters will now be found in stores across the United States! Exciting things are happening and we are happy to share them with you!
THIS WEEK'S CSA SHARE
A complete list of what's in the bag for this week.
- Chocolate Cheese - Stone Hollow Farmstead / Harpersville, Alabama
- Carrots - Stone Hollow Farmstead / Harpersville, Alabama
- Baby Kale - Stone Hollow Farmstead / Harpersville, Alabama
- Elegance Mix - Stone Hollow Farmstead / Harpersville, Alabama
- Nasturtium and Chive Blossom Butter - Stone Hollow Farmstead / Harpersville, Alabama
- Chard - Owls Hollow / Gadsden, Alabama
- Yellow Carolina Gold Tomatoes - Owls Hollow / Gadsden, Alabama
- Crookneck Squash - Owls Hollow / Gadsden, Alabama
- Shiitaki Mushrooms - Southern Foothills Farm / Oneonta, Alabama
- Onions - Whited Farms / Oneonta, Alabama
- Strawberries - Witt Farms / Hayden, Alabama
- Asparagus - Habersham Farm / Mentone, Alabama
- Sprouts - Gardens On Air / Gadsden, Alabama
- Pink Daikons - Heron Hollow Farm
All recipes are selected to offer cooking suggestions on how to prepare the contents of your weekly share.
- Grilled Mushrooms and Carrots with Sesame - Use Carrots & Mushrooms
- Tomato and Sweet Onion Salad - Use Tomato & Onion
- Sautéed Baby Squash with Basil and Feta - Use Yellow Squash
- Vegetable Bibimbap with Asparagus, Shiitake Mushrooms & Fried Eggs - Use Asparagus, Shiitake Mushrooms, Carrot, Chard, & Eggs (Egg Share)
- Squash & Nasturtium Butter Pasta - Use Yellow Squash & Nasturtium Butter
- Grilled Vegetable Salad with Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing - Use Carrots, Sweet Onion, Romaine, Daikon, & Milk (Milk Share)
- Vegetable Sandwich with Dill Sauce - Use Alfalfa Sprouts, Tomato, Sweet Onion, Add Daikon & Carrot
- Strawberry Contessa Cocktail - Use Strawberries
Don't forget to show off your food styling skills! Use hashtag #shfcsa and tag us on Instagram @stonehollowfarmstead
From This Week : CSA Share member Melanie shared with us the contents of her bag this week